Friday, June 25, 2010

I saw a fox

Dear Aisha, Brioni and Calista,   

This is another letter from your Uncle Roger. I hope you liked my last letter about catching the mice living in my home. I've had no more problem with mice in the house since then; my sacks of rice and my potatoes are quite safe.

I've been trying to get a good photograph of some wild ducks swimming on the water down at the dam, but it's not easy to get close enough to take a photo which shows them clearly because these ducks are wild ducks and they don't realise I only want to look at them and I don't wish them any harm. But I did take some pictures of the ducks which I've sent with this letter and you can see them in the distance. I hope you like them.




One morning when I was out on my walk, I saw a fox. He saw me and stopped for a moment and then he ran away quickly. Foxes are also wild creatures and usually we cannot get close enough to take a good photograph, but I have sent some pictures of foxes just like the one I saw on my walk. Foxes are like small dogs, but not quite the same; they live in the bush and go hunting and at night sometimes I  hear a fox barking; this is the voice of the fox as they tell the other foxes where they are. I hope you like my pictures of foxes.





I've also sent you 2 pictures of my Jacobean Lily which is starting to flower. When they come out fully they are very beautiful so I'll take some photos of them when they are looking their best.  The broad beans are growing nicely, you will see they have grown since the last photo I took of them. The mornings have been very bright and sunny lately, not cold at all, so I have not been able to get a good photo of a cold frosty morning for you to see yet.





On Wednesdays I usually go to the College in town to use the computers and the printer so I can print out my letters and documents; I have sent you a photo of me at the College. After I've finished at the College, I go to do my shopping and collect my mail at the Post Office before returning home. Next time I go to town I have to get some new batteries for my digital camera because the old ones need replacing before I can take any more pictures.




I've been enjoying my fresh spinach, as you can see in the photo it's growing nicely again; I haven't found any more caterpillars and it has recovered well. I have a favourite recipe which I use to cook the spinach. I'll tell you about my favourite recipe for cooking spinach some other time.

This is the end of my letter now, but I will write to you all again sometime.

Remember - I love you all very, very much.

Uncle Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment